Go to the "Create" tab and click "Assignment.” The content type defaults to Article — other types are available.
There are seven required fields for an assignment:
1. Who will create the content? (select a team member or use the “Send to Marketplace” option)
2. Content topics (read more about selecting topics here)
3. Minimum word count
4. Price (not required for internal team members)
5. Due date (must be seven days out if you’re using a freelancer from the ClearVoice Marketplace)
6. Assignment name (working title or naming convention you use)
7. Instructions (provide as much detail as possible for the writer)
The other fields are optional — more on those below.
Once the required fields are filled out, click “Send” and your assignment will be dispatched to the Marketplace or a writer on your team.
In addition to the required fields, there are advanced fields which can improve your content creation process.
Publication date - Provide a target publication date so you’ll get notifications and can use your editorial calendar for planning.
Campaign - Use campaigns for organizing content. Read more here.
Strategist, Editor - Set the Strategist and Editor of assignments so they get notifications and can manage their workload. Read about user roles here.
Keywords - Add keywords for assignments. Keywords will save and repopulate if you need to reuse them.
Publication - Set up publications so content can be pushed to your Wordpress (as a draft).
Tone - Choose up to five tones to help define content voice.
Personas - If you have personas created, select whichever one is most relevant for the article.
Brand integration - If your assignment requires a mention or link to a brand. Provide writers with guidance here.
Takeaway - A sentence or paragraph that summarizes the purpose of an assignment.
Guidelines - Enter rules for the writer to follow. These can be editorial or style guidelines, and they can be tied to specific campaigns. Learn more about tying writer guidelines to campaigns here.
Reference materials - Upload relevant files or post URLs with attached notes for direction.