Campaigns are optional.
So why use one?
They keep multi-channel, multi-vertical marketing plans and teams organized and efficient. Plus, setting up a campaign enables you to establish overarching guidelines for both editors and creators. These guidelines automatically apply to all assignments created within the campaign. Campaign progress is also tracked to reference your team's progress.
Create a Campaign
From the left navigation, click on "Create" then "Campaign." Then complete the Campaign fields as follows:
- Name (required) - Give your campaign a relevant name.
- Start Date - Enter a date or select from the calendar. This is when activity for this campaign will begin. Setting a Start Date enables the system to track campaign progress and on-time metrics.
- End Date - Enter or select from the calendar. This date establishes when all activity should be completed. Setting an End Date allows the system to track campaign progress and on-time metrics.
- Strategist - Will this campaign have a dedicated strategist? If yes, select a team member from the drop-down.
- Editor - Will this campaign have a dedicated editor? If yes, select a team member from the drop-down.
- Description - What’s this campaign about and what are the goals? A thorough description will give campaign reports more depth. Note: The description is for internal use only and will not be shown to creators.
- Creator Guidelines
Click "Advanced Fields" to expand the Advanced Fields options. (These settings will apply to all the assignments placed under this campaign, so you don't have to re-type or paste them every time you create an assignment.
- Guidelines - Use these fields to set campaign wide keywords for writers to include and guidelines for the editor to reference. Examples: “Use AP style only,” “Don’t include references to X,” “No X-themed articles.”
- Publication - Select the publication(s) this campaign is for.
- Tone - Select the tones you'd like the writers to use for all the assignments within this campaign.
- Personas - Select the personas you'd like to target for this campaign.
Click 'Create Campaign.' Voila! Now you can begin attaching assignments to this campaign and they will adopt the campaign settings.