Go to the "Manage" tab on the left hand side and click "Assignments - New."
There are 11 fields for an assignment:
- Who will create the content? (select a team member, a saved user from the Talent Directory, or use the “Send to Talent Network” option)
2. Content Type. This will let the writer know what kind of content you're looking for
3. Minimum word count
4. Price (not required for internal team members)
5. Due date (must be seven days out if you’re using a freelancer from the ClearVoice Talent Network)
6. Assignment name (working title or naming convention you use)
7. Instructions (provide as much detail as possible for the writer)
Your instructions should be the top things that the writer needs to follow on the provided assignment.
Once the required fields are filled out, click “Send” and your assignment will be dispatched to the Talent Network or a writer on your team.
In addition to the required fields, there are advanced fields which can improve your content creation process.
Publication date - Provide a target publication date so you’ll get notifications and can use your editorial calendar for planning.
Campaign - Use campaigns for organizing content. Read more here.
Strategist, Editor - Set the Strategist and Editor of assignments so they get notifications and can manage their workload. Read about user roles here.
Keywords - Add keywords for assignments. Keywords will save and repopulate if you need to reuse them.
Publication - Set up publications so content can be pushed to your Wordpress (as a draft).
Tone - Choose up to five tones to help define content voice.
Personas - If you have personas created, select whichever one is most relevant for the article.
Brand integration - If your assignment requires a mention or link to a brand. Provide writers with guidance here.
Takeaway - A sentence or paragraph that summarizes the purpose of an assignment.
Guidelines - Enter rules for the writer to follow. These can be editorial or style guidelines, and they can be tied to specific campaigns. Learn more about tying writer guidelines to campaigns here.
Reference materials - Upload relevant files or post URLs with attached notes for direction.
Best of luck with your assignment! Let us know if you have any questions and feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org